The first publication we will dedicate to wine and for that I leave a short introduction and guidelines at the time of Wine Tasting.
What is Wine Tasting?
Qatar is sensory analysis of wine. We will use the sight, smell, taste and touch.
When open a bottle the first thing to discuss is the cork. This should be slightly moistened with wine, this shows that the bottle is always kept tilted. Pressing the cork must prove its flexibility, its aroma and confirm that only smells slightly ENVIN cork.
Holding the cup foot long, will fill the third cup of wine. The bow 45 ° and on a white background smooth and appreciate the real color of the wine.
The appearance of wine we can provide many clues. The wine must be clean and bright, not cloudy.
By tilting the glass will find various shades of color in the same bowl:
- Trim: At the edge of the cup and trim, we will announce the development of the wine. This is because the rim, having a smaller volume of color, appreciate the real color of the wine.
- Center: The center, however, with increased volume or layer did this change
then observe the color changes as time passes:
Red wines are losing color intensity over time : to be an intense garnet color with violet trim wine becomes clear amber color with orange trim.
White wines darken or oxidize over time. To be a pale color with green trim, a gold color will then move to be amber.
Rosé wines , a carmine purple, over time, will become a salmon orange color.
Shaking the cup gently checked, up to the light, as are the tears of wine. The wines are rich in glycerin and high alcohol content in the glass shed tears.
The center of smell we will find in the olfactory bulb. It is an organ that is located in the upper nasal cavity. Aromatic molecules having the came come to the olfactory bulb. Depending on the amount and composition of the molecule, causes a nerve impulse to the brain where the sensation is perceived odorous, classifies and identifies.
We have two routes for the aromas reach the olfactory bulb:
- The Direct:
- The Retronasal:
The olfactory analysis, bringing the cup to his nose. The first step is to stop drink, ie without any movement, measure its aromatic intensity and appreciate if you clean the wine aromas and unpleasant odors.
After smell after shaking the cup, we'll see if there is variation and at the same time, identify the aromas. After stirring, aeration get wine and a celebration of aromas, climbing and the aromatic potential.
wine aromas are classified into 3 groups:
1 - Primary: Produced by the grapes.
2 - Side: the aromas are provided either by the alcoholic and malolactic fermentation.
3 - Tertiary: Also known as bouquet, are produced by aging in barrel and bottle.
In wine we appreciate different aromatic families, let's see some examples:
- ; Contributed by fermentation
- Contributed by wood
In the language appreciate the flavors that can provide wine. These are called taste buds and placed in different areas of the tongue.
carry a small amount of wine to his mouth and removed it in order to reach all the taste.
oxygenates the wine is aiming a little wine to exalt the aromas and push them to retronasal olfactory bulb.
By bringing wine to the mouth, not only appreciate the feelings sapid, some chemicals can also bring feelings, not only in the language but on the gums, cheeks or the inside of the lip or in whole mouth. They may be tactile and thermal or tactile.
- Carbon: give us a sense of excitement and sweetness on the tip of the tongue.
- Alcohol: A feeling of warmth or burning sensation throughout the mouth.
- Astringency: this may be good or bad and give us a feeling of dryness. We see this in the middle and in the nose.
- Body: The compounds and dry wine, give a sense of roughness and viscosity.
- tannins: dry and nice body. It can be an unpleasant tannin tannins due to the contribution of the stalk or cluster seeds. These produce astringency us dry, rough and unpleasant.